Monday, November 5, 2012

day 1 - The Reality of Abundance

Monday, November 5, 2012 ~ new meditation challenge focusing on Abundance

Day 1 - The Reality of Abundance

"Abundance is a state of mind in which you believe you are intrinsically creative…You recognize that the universe is abundant, and that you are an expression of the universe." — David Simon, M.D., Co-Founder of The Chopra Center for Wellbeing 


Welcome to the Chopra Center 21-Day Meditation Challenge™, Creating Abundance! In today's meditation, we'll take our first steps on our journey into the abundant life. 

The word "abundance" can mean different things to different people. For instance, one person may consider amassing great wealth as living an abundant life. Another may define abundance in spiritual terms—to be, do, and have a life filled with love, joy, harmony, peace, health, and vitality. Throughout our time together, we'll explore what abundance is at its core, how we can prepare ourselves to receive more of all good things, and how we can transform any limiting beliefs we may have held up until now.



Our centering thought for today is:
"Today, I behold all the abundance that surrounds me."
Personal notes on today's abundance meditation:

 Abundance is an inner state to me that represents a collection of a thoughts, feelings, emotions, and attitudes. There's a perception that abundance is something external like something we achieve, or have, or can prove and show to another. By definition abundance is a very large quantity of something.
So when you look out at the ocean, or a meadow full of flowers, or across your kitchen table, start adding up the quantity of everything before you. Yes, the external things you see, touch, smell or feel.  Then start adding up how you feel about it, your thoughts, your emotions and desires. There is an abundance of everything and anything before us each moment of each day. Take time to be still and embrace it.

a·bun·dance/əˈbəndəns/

Noun:
  1. A very large quantity of something.
  2. The quantity or amount of something, e.g., a chemical element or an animal or plant species, present in a particular area, volume,...
  

During this 21 day meditation challenge the necessary ingredient I'm also introducing into my practice is discipline. I am also taking on my gratitude journal, eating extremely healthy food that nourishes my body (I usually do, raising it a level) and exercising everyday whether 20 minutes or 2 hours.  Oh and I'm going to sit up when I meditate this time... I would lay down a lot during the last meditation to relax and this time I want to be present more. 








1 comment:

  1. I've finished all 21 days meditations, they were sent to me trough the Watsapp group - but the group doesn't have the last audio-meditation file (the one for Day 21). If you have it pls send it to me to WhatsApp number: +385994879401 Thank you! :) Namaste :)
    Mladen

    ReplyDelete