Monday, September 6, 2010

Kaua'i Adventures Begin....





I found myself lying in bed a few weeks ago wrestling with a part of myself struggling to emerge while another smothered it with one of my extra pillows. The struggle was around that part of myself that has been harboring Love!  I had made a recent choice that paradoxically had me take a stand for loving myself beyond loving someone else because that lack of true, grounded, complete, unwavering love for myself was sabotaging the love I wanted to express.  It was indeed that love had gotten so twisted up inside of me that it was now wrapped around my neck strangling me and I had felt like I was drowning, I was in over my head and couldn't breathe. And I had some quite literal experiences of that.  I don't know how many other people can relate to the thing you want most and the way in which you have subtle ways of sabotaging it. Okay, some of my ways are not very subtle and likely quite obvious too.  And so I took a stand for me to stop struggling and surrender.  The thing about that is I was not on land yet... I was now floating in the water, without a life raft and though I knew intuitively I was safe I still felt like I was drowning, or if I moved I would drown. And yet what I was floating in was love.  Hhhmmm, what's a girl to do?  Swim to shore, dive down deeper, lye still for a while, a long long while hoping I become one with it or let the sharks at me.  I chose to go to Kaua'i.

It was calling me... I explored many regions, at the farthest reach I could in my mind to take me away from this all.  To heal, once and for all, I told myself.  Every thought as appealing as it was camping alone in Oregon, being around the innocent love of my niece and nephew in Calgary, a cooking tour in Tuscany, oh what about the unspeakable trip to Vegas I have yet to take, all of them were a firm "Nope."  Friends around the world flashed in my mind and then I thought of a loving couple who own the house next to mine on the Sunshine Coast and their new abode in Princeville, the north shore on Kaua'i, the most northern island of Hawaii.  And the voice said, "YES!"  So there it was.  An email, some browsing on flight costs and paths and another facebook message to another friend whose healing energy called me to Maui and it was complete.    Thank you to Monica and John's wide open arms to their home and Kirstie creating a rendezvous as we cross paths (she's coming to BC the exact dates I'm flying to Hawaii so I extended my dates so we'd have two days of adventures in Maui before I fly home!) 

 













Yesterday I found out a little magical mystery about Kaua'i.   Guess what "Indian legend tells us that there are four places in the world designated as "power spots" and that these four are broken into two plus two--two positive and two negative, or two "light" and two "dark."  It is believed that the two positive places in the world are Kauai, an island in Hawaii and Sedona, both red-rock country. Sedona and Kauai, the Indians say, are vortexes of energy in which the Great Spirit gives birth to rainbows"


So browsing on the world wide web I found out some pretty cool things about the land I'm about to explore September 10 - 20, 2010 

So let the adventures begin....  and if I float a little long in the waters off Kaua'i I think that may be just what this girl needs.

Sacred Kaua'i Tours
Visit some of the most powerful sacred sites on earth.
Let the spirit of Aloha and profound healing energies of Kaua'i nurture your Being and carry you gracefully back to the truth of your oneness.
Enjoy the gifts of this mystical paradise as the goddess of Kaua'i supports your journey toward realizing your full spiritual nature and remembering your True Self.
  • Energy Vortex Sites
  • Gorgeous Beaches and Waterfalls
  • Profound Spiritual Healing


4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to following along on your journey Cassándra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written Cass, you've inspired me! If you decide to write a petition to the universe.... consider my signature added;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darci just ran a half marathon there yesterday! Thank you both for bringing hawaii just a little closer to me. xTHP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your journey Cass. I'm about to do a little Eat Pray Love in Goa and Sri Lanka myself!

    Looking forward to reading along with you.


    x

    ReplyDelete