Thursday, August 2, 2012

day 18 ... Loving Your Self

this day couldn't have come on a better day - haha.

I'm a bit sad that I won't have any friends visit me on the beautiful sunshine coast this august long weekend...  understandably my friends had to cancel coming and so did my plans for kayaking, hiking, swimming, laughing, eating, drinking and all the usual merriment too. I love where I live - and people love where they live - so it's balancing the two. I could go in the city or somewhere else however that's always my compromise and I want to be home. 

and that sadness let's other thoughts creep in ... so I took time to meditate by the water yesterday and first thing this morning.  Grounded back in my heart, with trust and love.  

I will have an awesome weekend -- it will be what it is and that will be great. 

"Find the love you seek, by first finding the love within yourself. 
Learn to rest in that place within you that is your true home."
—Sri Sri Ravi Shankar


Welcome to Day 18 - Loving Your Self

In today's meditation we will discover that loving one's Self is the prerequisite for giving and receiving love from everyone else. When you love that which you are, including any part of you that you would like to change, you will release any expectations of others, have compassion for whatever they may be experiencing, and accept them just the way they are.

In The Path to Love, Deepak Chopra provides the guidelines for building and living from self-love. He writes,

"Self-love grows when you trust that the universe is on your side, form your desires from the heart and watch the higher Self carry them out, believe that you are enough in and of yourself, heed the tenderness and sweetness of your love for others, put your attention on positive energies in every situation, honor your own needs without having to seek outside approval, and cultivate the peace of inner silence." 

We will explore many of these concepts as we begin our journey into the spiritual realm of silence and peace today.

Centering Thought for Today:
"I love and honor my Self, just the way I am."

No comments:

Post a Comment