Saturday, July 28, 2012

day 12 ... Your Grateful Heart

I am grateful, all the time. I'd like to make a habit of it each morning and night ....
going to write in a journal each night was I was grateful for

"Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter transcendent moments of awe
 that change forever how we experience life and the world."
—John Milton
List now 10 things you are grateful for... let's start now

1. the ability to see
2. photography - beautiful images
3. moments in movies that make me smile or laugh
4. a place I can call home
5. friends who stand by me
6. my morning cup of tea
7. shaun for all he's doing for me to produce this corp video
8. maria for all our friendship all the way back to the beginning for not letting me push her away when I got hurt
9. my grama - cause all my memories with her are happy
10. livi whose brought a tremendous amount of love into my life and touched my heart

that's just a start ....  I could go on forever and I will xo



Welcome to Day 12 - Your Grateful Heart

Today's meditation will focus on gratitude, called the prayer of affluence, because gratitude for what we have draws more abundance to us. How many times a day do we give thanks—to the Universe, to our friends and family, or to people we encounter each day? We have so many things in our life to be grateful for. Beyond any material possessions, health is a gift, a child's smile is a gift, watching the sun rise and set is a gift, waking up in the morning is the ultimate gift of another day of life.

To live in a state of gratitude, we have to learn to expand our awareness of the gifts we have been given, the bounty the unlimited Universe has handed to us for simply being. Meditation is the ultimate path to expanded awareness. Deepak Chopra writes, "The overall purpose of meditation is...learning to relate to awareness itself, the purest level of experience."

Centering Thought for Today:
"I am grateful for everything in my life, knowing all is in perfect, divine order."

No comments:

Post a Comment