Tuesday, July 17, 2012

day 2 ... the past is over; I live blissfully loving in the present

I wake up with the will and want to meditate 

.... okay really it was first the cute doggy I'm babysitting for the night that initially wakes me up somewhere around 6:30a and beaconing to come onto my bed. Since we both want just a few more moments of rest I invite her to come on up. I'm a morning person and never mind, usually, getting up early. I just do believe that it's best if it's in a natural way. They say it's healthier for the body to not be shocked into being woken up and I once saw this natural light pillow someone had designed ... oh let me look that up. 

A-ha the glo-Pillow from a talented lad in Ireland. Oh just another reason to make my Ireland, Iceland, Italy trip one day. check it out http://www.embryo.ie/glo/index.html

Centering Thought for Today:

"The past is over; I live blissfully loving in the present."

I'm back in the present, smile. I find with each meditation, with each breath, with each moment you connect with your body and it is evident that we are only in this moment. Your body is the best indication of being in the present, this is your vessel, your vehicle. What does it need for fuel, how far will it get you today, have you been stepping on the gas, or been parked for too long and needing a jump start. Are you revving the RPM's past their capacity and tuning out the sound of the vehicle with the radio. Your body is always in the present moment. It's only your thoughts that are not and though thought gives us access to something beyond to new places, dimensions, new places... remember to pay attention to the body's wishes.

Just be in your body. Feel how it operates, how the breath breathes life into the organs, the blood, through oxygen. Be in a moment and listen, look, feel, expand. What do you hear right now? It is a strategy that we tune out most of the sounds around us however do you know we can hear likely one hundred things. Like right now the sound of the curtain blow, a dog barking far off, birds chirping, my fridge humming, oh the sound of my fingers typing on the keyboard... hhhmmm. Inviting all this new awareness in, where ever you are, you can experience so much more about the present moment.

At the end of my mediation I saw silhouettes moving in deep indigo satin colour. 
By a lake. It was beautiful.
"Unless you loosen the hold that your past has on you, your future will unfold in much the same way . . . it is time to begin writing a new script that accurately reflects the beautiful, powerful, and worthy being you are."
- David Simon




No comments:

Post a Comment